hero image on posts/news page

Support Area Forums Grassroots hero image on posts/news page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.amikoita.com/news/
  • Author
    Miguel Santos
    Participant

Hello, on the Grassroots theme, it seems that it is not possible to put an hero image on the posts page… I am having an hero image on all my other pages but am unable to do it on the posts page… any problem on my side? How can I do it?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Miguel,

Excellent question. WordPress treats the blog page (posts page) a bit differently from all other pages. Essentially everything other than the page title and the URL slug is ignored. What that means for the hero area is the options that set it up are skipped when WordPress is creating a page.

I did just recently discover how to get around that though at last. I just rolled the updated code into the theme and now I need to test it out a bit more to make sure everything works as expected. After that I’ll release an update to the theme so that everyone can have that as well. That should be out later today. It’ll appear in your WordPress updates section after that.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Miguel Santos
    Participant

wonderful – looking forward to it! Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hello Miguel,

I just published the update to the theme. It should be in the updates section of your WordPress dashboard shortly. Once it’s updated you should be able to add in a hero to the blog page just like you would any other page.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘hero image on posts/news page’ is closed to new replies.