Hero caption and bullets

Support Area Forums Kerygma Hero caption and bullets

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
URL to the page in question: http://comejourney.org
  • Author
    Kymone Hinds
    Participant

How can i move the hero title and caption down and add an additional bullet on our hero image

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Kymone,

Good question. First you’ll want to move the “Come Journey…” from the hero caption to the hero title. The title is what sets the position of the text there. So that will move the text down for you. It’ll also free up the caption for additional text too.

Let me know if you run into trouble there.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

That worked. Also how can I add additional buttons to the home hero area?

Bill Robbins

Glad that helped out. You can add buttons there. I just published an update to the theme that you’ll need to apply first. It should be in the updates section of your dashboard shortly if it’s not there now.

It changes the caption field so that it will accept shortcodes. With that you’ll be able to add in buttons.

What you’ll want to do is place the text for your caption there like you normally would. Then enter this to create a break:

<br />

After that you can add buttons using this:

[button url="http://yourlink.com" label="Button Text"]

Just replace http://yourlink.com with the URL you’d like to link to and Button Text with what you’d like the button to say. Repeat that for each button you’d like to make. Then update your page.

That should give you additional button snow. Let me know if you have any questions or trouble.

Bill

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

Another follow up. I wanted to do a video hero on the top of the home page. Is there a way to do that with a clip from our youtube page at a specific spot in the video. Wanted it to run silently.

Bill Robbins

You can use a YouTube video. When you’re editing your page look in the hero section, there is a field for a YouTube URL. You can enter the URL to your video there.

I don’t know if it’s possible to queue it to a certain spot or not. I’ve noticed in watching a YouTube video embedded on another site and then clicking the YouTube logo to go to YouTube itself, that the URL is a bit different and includes the time in the video where I made the click.

You might try looking in Google to see if you can determine how to set that up in the URL. I can’t promise that the video will start from that point, but it’s worth a try.

If that doesn’t do it, you’ll need to upload a video that is cut to the right spot from the start.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

I can’t find the field for the youtube url in the hero section.

Bill Robbins

It’s right below the drop-down where you select the hero height.

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

It’s not there on my version

Bill Robbins

Gotcha. You’ll need to update to add video to your hero.

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

I am updated and I still don’t see it. Is it on the home page?

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

Never mind. I think I got it.

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

It looks great now. One problem is it does not look good on a mobile device. How can I fix that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Hero caption and bullets’ is closed to new replies.