Help w/ sponsor page

Support Area Forums Foundation Help w/ sponsor page

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Marisa
    Participant

Sponsors –

I figured out the different sponsor types but cannot get the Main button for the sponsor page to show up in the menu.

Bill Robbins

If you’d like to display all of your sponsors in one archive, the easiest way is to create a master sponsor type that you add all your sponsors too and then add that to your navigation.

There is another option. If you’re using pretty permalinks (Settings>Permalinks), you can add a custom link to your staff. To do that, go to settings and select permalinks. Choose a format for your URL’s other than the default and save them TWICE.

Even if you’ve already selected a pretty permalink structure, save them again TWICE to clear out the settings.

Now you can add the sponsors directly by creating a custom link. For the label (the part that will be in your navigation) you can call it anything you like. For the URL, you will use one like this:

http://www.yoursite.com/sponsors

Just replace the yoursite.com with your own domain.

If you have any questions, let me know

Brent Lucas
    Participant

Bill;

Is there a way to have the sponsors show up in full from the sponsor link on the menu rather than just a list of sponsors?

To re-phrase, right now I have the Sponsor Group linked to my main menu, and when clicked on it lists the sponsors. You need to click into each one to see their details.

Is there a way to have the sponsors displayed with their full bio and pictures on one page, rather than a list folks have to click into to see sponsor bios?

Bill Robbins

I’ve been thinking about this and I believe the easiest way to do this would be to change the sponsor archive so it is more like the one for staff members. Here’s how you’d do that:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose taxonomy-sponsor-group.php
    3. Look for this spot:

<div class=”sponsor clearfix”>
      <a href=”<?php the_permalink() ?>” rel=”bookmark”><?php the_post_thumbnail(‘sponsor-thumbnail’); ?>
      <h2><a href=”<?php the_permalink() ? rel=”nofollow”>” rel=”bookmark”><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>
      </div>

and replace it with this:

4. Save your changes

See if that doesn’t give you the results you’re looking for. If you’d like to have a longer description you can change the 275 where you see this:

the_content_limit(275, “Read More”)

to a larger number. It limits the number of characters in the content displayed.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Brent Lucas
    Participant

Absolutely BRILLIANT!. Exactly what I had in mind once I set the featured image.

Thank you so much for the quick help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Help w/ sponsor page’ is closed to new replies.