Header size, feature menus

Support Area Forums Bottega Header size, feature menus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Robyn
    Participant

Hello Bill!

I hope your Thanksgiving was great! Mine was, now it’s back to business! 🙂

I have a few issues I am struggling with.

I need to adjust my header so it is 143px high. Either that, or add padding at the top of the content area so it does not run underneath my logo/header.

I am also unclear as to how to select a full width page without the side bar.

I am struggling with the feature menus, creating and adding images to the home page boxes. Do you have a video that speaks to that directly?

Have a great weekend!

Robyn

Bill Robbins

Robyn,

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. Let’s see if we can get your questions answered.

1. You can add more space at the top of your content area so your logo doesn’t overlap it. Just place this snippet in the Custom CSS box (in the styling tab of the theme options page) to handle that:

#content,
    #page-full {
    	padding: 40px 10px 10px;
    }

The first number there is the amount of padding at the top. You can adjust that number accordingly to fit your logo.

2. To choose a full-width page, edit the page you’d like to make full-width. If you’ll look in the right hand column, you’ll see a box labeled attributes with a drop-down menu in it called “templates.” From that drop-down, choose “Full Page” and update your page. That will remove the sidebar from that page and allow the content to span the full width.

3. For the home page boxes, those are actually posts from a category you choose in the theme options page. In the theme options page on the “Home Page” tab at the top you can choose to include the featured row and also select the category of posts you’d like to have displayed there.

The images are the featured images of those posts. The row will show the five most recent posts from that category.

I hope to create videos that walk through every theme, but with three little boys at home, it’s rarely quiet enough to record. I’m shooting to launch an update to this support site soon and hope to make videos a more integral part.

I hope that helps out. If you have any other questions, please just let me know,
    Bill

Robyn
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Will the Custom CSS snippet to add space mentioned above work for the Authentic theme as well?

Bill Robbins

Authentic has a different structure. To add space between the header and the rest of the content on the inside pages, use this:

.wrap .page {
    	margin-top: 20px;
    }

Just change the 20 to the number of extra pixels you’d like to display there.

If you run into trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Header size, feature menus’ is closed to new replies.