Header Image Size and Alignment

Support Area Forums Elite Header Image Size and Alignment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ray Wong
    Participant

Hi There,

I’m trying to center my header, but its an image. I also want to maintain its original size. Regarding centering, I’ve tried to input the code you suggested on another post, but it doesn’t seem to work, not sure if its different for an image as opposed to text. Also the header shrinks my logo down. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks a lot,
    Ray

Bill Robbins

Ray,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great questions too. You mentioned wanting to center the logo. That can be done, what did you have in mind for the navigation items? If you’ll let me know what you’d like to do with them and how they will relate to your logo we’ll go from there. When you let me know what you’re looking for, if you’ll also send over a link to your site, that would be helpful. Some of the coding may need to be specific to your specific site and being able to see it would help too.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Ray Wong
    Participant

Hey Bill,

Thanks for getting back! Super excited about this WP theme by the way. Great job!
    I was thinking that maybe I wouldn’t have a navigation bar. I’m trying to creating a simple informational site for my short film using your slides function. Basically the site would load to a static home page and you would click on the side arrow buttons to go the different pages in sequential order. If that gets tedious for the user, I might put the navigation in the footer or right underneath the logo in the header (centered). I’m still trying to figure out how the slides work. I guess my home page would essentially be the first slide? Not sure how to get that going either.

Here’s a link to the site so far.
    http://www.burntgrassmovie.com

Thanks so much!
    Ray

ps. I don’t know if its just me or a bug with Safari, but every time click on a forum topic on the organized themes website, I get logged out. It works fine in Chrome for me.

Bill Robbins

Ray,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble posting. Most likely we’re going to switch to a different support option soon due to some conflicts between my membership plugin and the bbPress forum plugin.

Your site’s looking great too. Clever idea too. What you’ll want to do is go to the Slides section and create your first slide there. As you’re describing it, this would be your first page. You would assign the featured image to be the background image. You can enter in your hero title and text, choose your colors and so on.

Before you publish it, you’ll need to assign it to a slide group. This is how the theme associates the different slides with each other. You can use the default or create a new one. Just make sure to select one and then publish it.

Create the other slides that you’ll need. You can use images or videos. Then create a page. Look in the right hand column for the “format” box and choose gallery. Then look back in the main column for a drop-down menu that you can use to select the slide group to display. Choose the group that you assigned your slides to and then publish your page.

The last thing you’ll need to do is set the page to be displayed as the front page. To do that, go to the Settings section in your WordPress control panel and select Reading. At the top of this screen you can select what the Front Page displays. Choose a static page and then select your page from the drop-down menu there. Once you update your settings you should have your new page on the front.

If you run into any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I just realized I didn’t mention how to change the logo after you sent back the link. Here’s how to center it and make if full-size:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#logo,
      #text-logo {
           float: none;
           max-width: none;
           width: 100%;
           text-align: center;
      }

3. Update your settings.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Ray Wong
    Participant

That worked like a charm Bill! Thanks again for your help.
    And glad you like the site!

All the best,
    Ray

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Header Image Size and Alignment’ is closed to new replies.