Header bar, Navigation

Support Area Forums Foundation Header bar, Navigation

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mathis Winkler
    Participant

Dear Bill, can you explain to me how I can change the color of the bar in the header? Also, the categories aren’t showing up in the header. What do I need to do to make that happen? And one more question: How can I get rid of this line below the headline in posts:

/ by admin / Make A Comment / Filed under Aktuell

Bill Robbins

Great questions. Let me see if I can’t help you out.

Navigation Color: To change the navigation bar background color, go to the styling section of the theme options page. Scroll down to the very bottom to a box labeled “Custom CSS.” Paste this into the box:

#navigation { background-color: #cccccc; }

The #cccccc is a hex color code for silver. You can use one of the color pickers above the custom css box to find the color code you’d like to use. Once you’ve entered your color, click save changes to make your change live.

Categories: You can add categories to your navigation by going to the appearance section and selecting menu. I have a quick screencast in our video section that walks through the menu builder.

If you don’t see categories listed, click the “Screen Options” tab in the top right hand corner and make sure that categories are checked. Also only categories that have posts assigned to them will be visible to be added to the menu.

Credit Bar: To remove the credit bar, follow these steps:
    1) Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2) From the list of files on the right, select single.php and look for this line:

<p class=”post-meta”><?php the_time(‘F j, Y’); ?> /   / <a href=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>#comments”><?php comments_number(__(‘Make A Comment’), __(‘1 Comment’), __(‘% Comments’)); ?></a> / <?php _e(“Filed under”); ?> <?php the_category(‘, ‘) ?></p>

3) Save your changes
    4) Next open archive.php and delete the above line from that file as well. Then save your changes.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Header bar, Navigation’ is closed to new replies.