Having only the Featured image on the front page.

Support Area Forums Elite Having only the Featured image on the front page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://morrismetals.co.nz/
  • Author
    Adam Chetty
    Participant

Hi Bill, a little out-there.. Can you turn the whole front page into the featured image (Image page mode) Having the image touch the browser edges all around. Nav menu still there. (screenshot attached.)

also, with the Nav menu: is it possible to have a round edged black background? I take it there will be a CSS code to modify it into that? Would W3 Schools be a good site to string together codes for your themes?

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Adam,

You can do that. The simplest way would be to use the home page template and not assign any widgets to the sections of the home page. That will leave just the hero section for you.

If you have any trouble with that, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Adam Chetty
    Participant

Thank you Bill, got it.

I searched the support forums for a CSS code I needed to hide the page titles but I could only get it to hide on the home page with:

.home #text-logo,
    .home #logo {
    display: none;
    }

Do you know how would I hide it on all pages? Can I use that same code and change it around to apply to all pages?

Many thanks

Adam

Bill Robbins

That’s almost what you need. Try changing it to this:

#text-logo,
    #logo {
    }

and see if that won’t do the trick. The .home is a class that’s added to the body tag only on the home page. We can use it to style things just on that page, but if want it to apply on every page you would remove it.

Have fun.

Bill Robbins

That’s almost what you need. Try changing it to this:

#text-logo,
    #logo {
    }

and see if that won’t do the trick. The .home is a class that’s added to the body tag only on the home page. We can use it to style things just on that page, but if want it to apply on every page you would remove it.

Have fun.

Adam Chetty
    Participant

I knew it would be something simple! I was trying all these complex codes after researching on google, and here all it needed was less code rather than more 😛

Thanks Bill!

Bill Robbins

Anytime Adam. Enjoy your Sunday 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Having only the Featured image on the front page.’ is closed to new replies.