Have a hero section and a full screen gallery

Support Area Forums Elite Have a hero section and a full screen gallery

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: labelleviemodesto.com
  • Author
    Cody Balos
    Participant

Hello,

Is there an easy way of having both a hero section and a full screen gallery on the same page? Or will I have to use a slider plugin (Meta Slider) and configure it to be full screen?

Bill Robbins

That’s a great question. Using a plugin is probably the easiest option since the theme doesn’t have a built in way to show a slideshow outside of the hero section.

You’ll have to remove the width of the content wrapper on that page. If you need help doing that once you have the slideshow ready, let me know and I can give you some quick styling to make that happen.

Have a great night,
    Bill

Cody Balos
    Participant

So after removing the content wrapper, I realized this through off the rest of the page because I wanted to have a hero section, some other non image stuff, then a full page slider. Instead of writing a whole bunch of new CSS to fix this, I decided to just make a child-theme, and edit the page-home-template.php. I simply gave the home section I put the meta slider in, its own wrapper class. Now I have exactly what I want, BUT here is my question for you. Do you know if/how we can write some PHP that’ll check if the content of each home section is a slider, and if so to switch the wrapper class to “wrap-slider” for that home section? If this was possible then I could pop a slider in any of those home sections and have it automatically render full screen. Right now I have to go change the page-home-template.php if I ever decide to move the slider around. I think that this could actually be a useful feature to add to this theme for everyone. I am attempting to do this myself but my PHP and WordPress dev skills are still raw as I am new to it. P.S. I am using “meta slider”.

Bill Robbins

Cody,

That’s a good question. Using a conditional statement would be a great way to approach that. The only downside is I’m not aware of any that are added by the Meta Slider plugin that you could use to alter the HTML that way.

Another option is to make the width of the wrap 100% in the home section where you’re using the slider. Here’s how you can do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#home-two .wrap {
      	width: 100%;
      }

Just change the two` above to match the number of the section you're working with.

3. Update your settings.

That should make the section you’re working with full-width. If you need to alter which section is full width, you can change or remove the snippet.

See if that won’t do the trick for you. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Have a hero section and a full screen gallery’ is closed to new replies.