Half page color

Support Area Forums Umami Half page color

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://3f2.185.myftpupload.com/about/
  • Author
    mark kosmicki
    Participant

Hi Bill, I’ve been succesfull in changing the half page and side bar color to transparent on all but this page. No matter what I type in the css box, the side bar and half page still remain black. Any Ideas? Thanks Much Mark Kosmici

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Mark,

I took a loot at your site and did see some pages that had the code in them to change the background color, while others didn’t. Since you’re wanting to make this change everywhere, let’s handle this in the theme options. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

#sidebar,
      #content,
      #mobile-header {
      	background: transparent;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That should remove the background color from the sidebar and the content area, everywhere for you.

One other thing. If you’d like to center the Open Table widget in the sidebar, you can add this to the Custom CSS too:

form#OT_form,
    a.OT_ExtLink {
    	margin: 0 auto;
    }

Let me know if I can help.

Have a great week,
    Bill

mark kosmicki
    Participant

Thanks! Both worked perfectly.. One more question, is there anyway to use a font that’s not a google font or included in the theme? If not I’m sure I’ll find one I like! Thank you for your help!

Bill Robbins

Glad that helped out.

You can add in a font that’s not from Google fonts. The “how” depends on where the font comes from. If it’s from a service like TypeKit or Type.com then it’ll be one way, or if it’s not from a service but can legally be added via @font-face, then that’ll be a different method.

What I would do is find the font that you’d like to use and then let me know. Then I can show you how to integrate that font into the theme. I’m going to close this post since the original topic is wrapped. When you’ve found a font, go on and open up a new post and I’ll write the instructions there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Half page color’ is closed to new replies.