Google AdWords Remarketing Tag – Best place to put it?

Support Area Forums Agency Google AdWords Remarketing Tag – Best place to put it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    James Davis
    Participant

I know this is more of a general WordPress question than one ab out your themes, but I wanted to see if you’d mind weighing in…

There’s a plugin that does this, but I’m trying to keep things lean. Was hoping you might know of a more efficient way. Their instructions only say it has to be on all pages before the closing “/body” tag.

Thoughts?

Bill Robbins

That’s a good question. Typically you’ll want to use a plugin that can insert the code for you. WordPress has a hook in the footer called wp_footer which plugins and themes can use to load in just about anything they need right at the bottom of your page. That’s actually where most of the scripts in my themes are loaded. It’s where the WP Admin bar that’s at the top of your screen is created too.

You could edit the footer.php file and manually place it there. The only drawback there is if you update the theme in the future, you’ll have to add that code back in.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

James Davis
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks so much.

Bill Robbins

Anytime James. Have a great day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Google AdWords Remarketing Tag – Best place to put it?’ is closed to new replies.