Going live – clean up questions

Support Area Forums Elite Going live – clean up questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Karen Sykes
    Participant

Hi Bill, I think these are small things so I’m grouping them into one email. Trying to go live this week as soon as I pick final images so rushing to get it ready for review. I can resubmit multiples if it’s burdensome!

-Footer looks awesome with the skyline. Can I bottom align the footer text so it shows up more clearly?
    -Gallery page the post titles all have links, which go nowhere. Can I kill the hyperlinks? Same for author and category.
    -Contact page I inserted a table, but no matter what CSS I use, I can’t get rid of the borders (white lines between lines of text). Is this a setting?

Thanks as always!

Karen Sykes
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Let’s see if we can find solutions for you here.

1 — change the padding in the footer that we added earlier so that it’s larger on the top than the bottom (right now they are even). That will cause the text to be lower relative to the overall height of the footer.

2 — You’ll probably want to make a child theme for this change. Then copy the index.php file to it and edit it. Find this spot:

<h2 class="page-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" rel="bookmark" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to %s', 'elite' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

<?php get_template_part( 'layouts/post-meta' ); ?>

and change it to this:

<h2 class="page-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h2>

and save your changes. That should have the posts with no links or “meta” information.

3 — This custom CSS should remove the table borders that you have:

table th,
    table td {
      border-top: none;
    }

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Going live – clean up questions’ is closed to new replies.