Getting Warning – should I be concerned?

Support Area Forums Elite Getting Warning – should I be concerned?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Advanced
    Participant

Hello Bill,

When I go into Appearance > Customize, this pops up for a few seconds before the page shows:

string(5) “elite”
    Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/info/public_html/newsite/wp-content/themes/elite/inc/options-backup.php:270) in /home/info/public_html/newsite/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1207

I believe I tried to install the demo options twice. Should I be worried about this messing up the site in the future and just go ahead and start over again installing everything on a clean wordpress site?

Also, I hope things have been going well for you and you’ve enjoyed your summer.
    SJ

Bill Robbins

Hello SJ,

That’s a great question. If you’re just starting out, you might go back and go with a fresh install. Sometimes that’s easier than trying to track down the source of a problem. If that’s not possible, you could start by deactivating all plugins and see if the message is still there.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Advanced
    Participant

Hello Again,

I did a totally new install, and was very careful to install demo content only once, and when I go to customize, I still get the same warning.

Bill Robbins

You’ve got me then. Do you see the message on the front end at all? If not, I wouldn’t worry about it. If the customizer still works you could use it with the message. If it doesn’t, all of the options (and then some that aren’t) are in the theme options page. You can also use it to make those choices.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting Warning – should I be concerned?’ is closed to new replies.