Getting to the PO file on a Kerygma child theme

Support Area Forums Kerygma Getting to the PO file on a Kerygma child theme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://ievaladares.org/wp
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve bought Kerygma and created a child theme from it; how do I get to the PO file to translate it? Can I just edit the one in Kerygma?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hello Ana,

Thank you for your business first of all. Excellent question too. There is an article in the Codex about translating child themes (http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/load_child_theme_textdomain). It seems to indicate that you can specify a text domain via a function that would go in the child theme’s functions.php file. It would be similar to the one in the parent Kerygma.

I think you could use the same text domain and then add the po file to a folder called languages in your child theme.

In Kerygma the text domain is organizedthemes.

If you run into trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

Hello Bill,

I will give that a try as soon as possible (our website is coming out this Sunday) and let you know how it goes.

Thank you!
    Ana

Participant

Hi Bill,

I ended up accessing the file directly and translating there — I realized I only needed to translate a few words, and I’m fine with repeating the process with each update. I’ll be sure to return to your post should this ever change.

Thank you for all your help!
    Ana

Bill Robbins

Hello Ana,

You know that’s probably a good way to go about it. If you need anything, I’ll be here to help.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting to the PO file on a Kerygma child theme’ is closed to new replies.