Getting mobile nav like in the demo

Support Area Forums Foxy Getting mobile nav like in the demo

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Emily McMullin
    Participant

I just installed the foxy theme, and added pages and a nav. When I test, the nav does not behave when at mobile size as it did in the demo. Perhaps I am not setting it up correctly? Could you point me in the right direction?

Bill Robbins

Emily,

Great question. I just released an update to the theme about two hours ago that changes the navigation so it’s like the present demo.

You can go to the updates part of your WordPress dashboard and update from there. If you’re using a version of the theme earlier than that, you can also go to the download section here and download the update and install it like you would a new theme.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Emily McMullin
    Participant

Thank you for such a quick reply! I am hoping you can help in one more aspect. I had played with some code so instead of staff, it all said rooms. But with the update that all seems to have been lost. I had made my changes to post-staff-type.php, but I can no longer find that file. Any tips? 😀

Bill Robbins

Emily,

Sorry about losing your changes. In the update, we moved that file inside a folder called post-types to try and better organize things.

For some strange reason, WordPress built-in editor will only edit items one level deep in a folder and won’t edit javascript files. I’m not sure why, but that’s the way it’s made.

You can install a handy plugin called WP Editor that will replace the built-in editor with a much nicer one.

Once you install/activate the plugin you can find the file at /includes/post-types/

You might also consider making a child theme. That’s a way of modifying a theme that will allow you to update the parent theme without losing your customizations.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting mobile nav like in the demo’ is closed to new replies.