Gallery Not Displaying Properly

Support Area Forums Bottega Gallery Not Displaying Properly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    matt stewart
    Participant

Having a strange problem.

The lightbox gallery won’t work properly on my gallery page.

If lightbox is turned on, no gallery shows at all, unless I put it on my events page which contained a calendar plugin. That is the only page I could get it to work on.

I thought this might have something to do with the plugin, so I deactivated the calendar plugin, and it’s doing the same thing. Only on the events page.

Stranger still, I can remove and replace the gallery on the events page and only choose 4 images, but it will still show the 14 I originally set it up with.

If I turn lightbox off, then I can get the gallery on the gallery page, but it won’t display them how I want them displayed.

http://brazenheadpub.com/wordpress/gallery/

Any ideas? I’m going to try naming the gallery page “events” and vice versa, but it is a strange issue…

matt stewart
    Participant

I think I figured it out…

You can only use the lightbox on that page if the images were originally loaded to that page, you cannot create a new gallery out of images that are already in your media library. Is that it?

Bill Robbins

Matt,

Thank you for your business first of all. You are correct that the lightbox gallery that’s part of the theme will display only the images that are uploaded on that page or post. Until WordPress 3.5, that was also the normal WordPress behavior. Now that the media section has been vastly improved, we’re swapping out the gallery that’s used in Bottega for a newer one that does let you choose images.

For the conflict with the calendar, it most likely also uses the same lightbox script. If that’s the case then they would probably have a conflict.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Robyn
    Participant

Hey There!

I created a gallery on my portfolio page and it is not showing up.

I’m using a full page template and Format: Gallery

http://robynmcginty.com/portfolio/

[gallery ids="46,85,38,47,36,35,34,31,87,83,28,29,37,32"]

I think I did everything right?

Thanks!
    Robyn

Bill Robbins

Robyn,

Great question as this is a bit confusing. The gallery format in this theme will create a slideshow (similar to the home page) out of all the images uploaded on that page/post.

If you’d like to insert a thumbnail gallery you can do that. Just choose the standard format and insert the gallery as you normally would.

The lightbox gallery that’s part of the theme will also display all images in the gallery that are uploaded on that page/post. Until WordPress 3.5, there was no easy or user friendly way to choose images that go into the gallery so the function used all the images. With 3.5 out now, I’m updating that in all our themes. The new lightbox should be part of Bottega later this week.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble,
    Bill

Robyn
    Participant

I’m not sure what’s what.

I placed 2 images. Now, on the page I have the 2 images as I placed them, AND a 2 sets of thumbnails.

When you click on the thumbnail, it shows the uploaded title, not the caption, or title in the settings.

Should I just wait for your update?

Bill Robbins

Robyn,

With the thumbnail galleries, you don’t have to insert the image into the page content. Just upload the image on the page and then add in the gallery. If you insert the image and add a gallery you’ll end up with duplicates.

I should have the update out soon for you to make use of.

Thanks,
    Bill

Robyn
    Participant

I’ll try to quit bugging you, so you can get some work done! 🙂

Thanks Bill!

Bill Robbins

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Gallery Not Displaying Properly’ is closed to new replies.