gallery and menu don't open

Support Area Forums Selfie gallery and menu don't open

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Franzi Kreis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’ve two problems with setting up the site.

1) The lightbox-galleries don’t open. I set up a few home-blocks adding a head-picture and some gallery-pictures and published it . The head-pictures are perfectly shown on the home-page, but if I click on the “+”, the head picture is opened with grey background (full size), there are no control-arrows and it’s not possible to view the gallery. (Firefox as well as Safari)
    2) I set up a menu in the area “menu” and then I chose this menu in the theme-settings. The problem: nothing happens if I click on the menu-button in the right corner of the screen after saving those menu-settings.

link: http://www.franzikreis.com

Kind regards from Franzi

Bill Robbins

Hello Franzi,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. It looks like the theme options page needs to be saved. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Theme Options. Scroll down to the bottom and save them. You don’t have to change anything, but they do need to be saved once in order for everything to work correctly.

Specifically we need the option that sets how long the light box’s controls are visible to be set. Without it, an error is created and the lightbox and slide in panel won’t work.

If that doesn’t do the trick, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Franzi Kreis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

thank you for the response!
    That sounds like a simple solution – only problem: I have no theme-options in my appearance-section of the dashboard.
    I attached a screenshot, it’s in German, but maybe it helps.

Kind regards from Franzi.

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

That is really bizarre. Even in different languages it should still be visible there. It looks like you’re missing both the theme options and the options import/export (see the attached screenshot).

Let’s see if you can visit it directly with this link:

http://www.franzikreis.com/wp-admin/themes.php?page=options-framework

Let me know what turns up there.

Bill

Franzi Kreis
    Participant

unfortunately no change at all by visiting the link.
    should I try to install an English Version of WordPress? (Is that complicated?)

Franzi

Bill Robbins

Franzi,

I don’t think it’s language dependent. Would you mind sending over a login so I can take a closer look for you at the backend? You cam mark the reply in the form private and I’ll be the only one who can see it that way.

Bill

Franzi Kreis
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending that over. It looks like the Options Framework Plugin was active on the site. Selfie is made with a theme version of that framework. So I deactivated the plugin and saved your options. That seems like it’s done the trick.

Let me know if you run into any trouble there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Franzi Kreis
    Participant

magic! thank you so much! 🙂

Bill Robbins

Anytime. Have a great weekend 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘gallery and menu don't open’ is closed to new replies.