Galleries and Menu Broken in IE 10+

Support Area Forums Selfie Galleries and Menu Broken in IE 10+

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.tamithomas.com
  • Author
    Tami Thomas
    Participant

I’ve been working on getting my site all set up, and decided to give someone a preview. They opened it in IE 11. The arrows and X in the galleries do nothing when clicked. Also, the menu shows no text, just the lines between each menu item.

I then tested it on the IE that I have, which is 10, and it does the same thing. IE 9 seems to work just fine, though.

I love this theme, and how my site is turning out. But it’s for a business, and I can’t have it not work for lots of potential clients. (Too bad everyone doesn’t just use Chrome!)

Can anything be done?

Thank you,
    Tami

Bill Robbins

Hello Tami,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. I have some some instances where some Google fonts don’t react well in IE 11. In the next version of the theme, I’ve made a change that should help out. Until I have that released though, you can make the edit to see if it’ll take care of things right now for you. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css
    3. Find this spot:

body {
      	font: 16px/1.3 Lucida, Verdana, sans-serif;
      	-moz-font-feature-settings: "liga=1, dlig=1";
      	-ms-font-feature-settings: "liga", "dlig";
      	-webkit-font-feature-settings: "liga", "dlig";
      	-o-font-feature-settings: "liga", "dlig";
      	font-feature-settings: "liga", "dlig";
      }

4. Change it to be like this:

body {
      	font: 16px/1.3 Lucida, Verdana, sans-serif;
      }

5. Save your changes.

Then clear out your browser’s cache and refresh your page. Hopefully that will take care of that for you. Let me know if you have any questions or trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Tami Thomas
    Participant

Thanks. That solved the menu issue.

Any ideas on the galleries?

Bill Robbins

Hey Tami,

I’m glad you noticed that. It looks like something changed in IE 11 after the theme was released that made the gallery icons no longer clickable. There was an updated version of the gallery script that I added to the theme that appears to have fixed it on the demo.

I’ve just published an update to the theme that should appear in the updates section of your WordPress dashboard soon. You can go to that screen and refresh it. Hopefully that will pull it up soon.

Once you’ve updated, clear out your browser’s cache and refresh and that should do it.

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Tami Thomas
    Participant

Amazing! Thank you. So glad I don’t have to start all over, since my site is so close to being finished.

This is the first theme I’ve ever paid for. I was nervous about it, but it looks like your customer service is worth it.

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that fixed the trouble for you.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Galleries and Menu Broken in IE 10+’ is closed to new replies.