Full Width Page

Support Area Forums Photobug Full Width Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Joel Cornett
    Participant

It would be nice to have a full width option for pages. I’d like to create a home page that is full width, but I can’t do it. If it is possible, I’m not sure how. Any hints? could this be a feature in a future update?

Joel Cornett
    Participant

or maybe leave the blog at the home page, but put a way to put some stuff above that and above the sidebar, but below the header?

btw, http://flytrafficmedia.com is the site I’m asking for help with

Bill Robbins

Joel,

You could add a section that full width above the front page of your site. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the theme editor and select the header.php file.
    2. Scroll down to the very bottom and paste this:

3. Save your changes.
    4. Next create a page named “top”
    5. Any content you place inside this new page will be displayed at the top of your home page, just under the header.

One thing I’m not certain of is how much styling support there is for your content there. I haven’t tested that part of it out. If you do have questions, just let me know.

Bill

Joel Cornett
    Participant

it doesn’t seem to be displaying the content I have in the page “top” I have just simple text right now, but it is displaying the text from my recent posts instead…

Bill Robbins

Sorry Joel. I made a change to the code above. Copy it and replace the code from earlier in your theme editor.

You’ll next need to change one thing in the code. Where it says page_id=157, change the 157 to the ID of the page you’re embedding. You can find that number by editing the page you’d like to use and looking at the URL in your browser’s navigation bar. It will say something like:

http://themes.dev/photobug/wp-admin/post.php?post=157&action=edit

the number after post= and before any & is the ID number you want.

Give that a try and see if it works out better for you.

Joel Cornett
    Participant

that fixed it!!! Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Full Width Page’ is closed to new replies.