full width page

Support Area Forums Foundation full width page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Karen Sheeran
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I noticed you answered my other topic re: background color on pages but skipped this one so I’m submitting it again for your review.

Is there a way to make the template a full width page instead of it having borders on both sides? Would this be easy to do with the Foundation Theme?

Here’s a link:

http://www.njqueenofhearts.org

Thanks,
    Karen

Bill Robbins

Karen,

Just to make sure I understand what you’re asking. Are you looking to have the content area fill the entire browser window?

If that’s the case, it could be possible to do that, but I would generally recommend against it. Even on a 15 inch monitor, the content would become too wide to easily read.

If that’s not what you’re looking to do, let me know a bit more specifically and I’ll try again.

Thank,
    Bill

Karen Sheeran
    Participant

Bill,
    I agree. But if I want to make the page wider how would I accomplish that and how wide is it now? ‘
    Thanks,
    karen

Bill Robbins

The overall wrapper for the theme is 960 pixels wide–a very common width for web designs because it can be easily divided to make columns.

If you’d like to change the width, you can do that. You’ll need to add this to your custom css:

#wrap,
    #footer { 
    	width: 960px;
    }

Just change the 960 to the number of pixels wide you’d like to have the content.

That won’t change the width of the inside elements, just the outside ones. To change the inside ones, you’ll have to do a bit more editing. Here are a changes you’ll want to make:

#content {
    	width: 630px;
    }

#sidebar {
    	width: 300px;
    }

#home-posts {
    	width: 630px;
    }

The #content is the main content column on default pages/posts. The #sidebar is the width of the sidebar area. The #home-posts is the spot for posts on your home page.

Do be aware that the home page donation bar and newsletter bar are made with an image that isn’t made to scale so changing the width there will prevent you from using those as they are designed unless you edit the background images.

I hope that helps you out.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘full width page’ is closed to new replies.