full width featured image

Support Area Forums Foundation full width featured image

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Katie Dawson
    Participant

Hi there,

On my full width posts, I want to include a featured image that will also be full width. I have created a few specific images that are 960×300 or 960×400

When I selected a featured image, it automatically cropped it to only 760 width.

After searching around on the support forums, I did create a full-width-media page template, but now when I use that one, it zooms the image so that it is much taller than the actual file and therefore cuts the full image width.

Any suggestions?

I did try to add another post format that was “imagefull” but have not been able to figure out where to make all of the additions. I made a change in themefunctions.php and in images.php, but the option does not appear when I actually create or edit posts.

Bill Robbins

Katie,

Sorry for the trouble. Any chance you could send over a link to where you’re working with the full-page images so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Katie Dawson
    Participant

sure:

http://www.inmiowa.org/commitments/

The image at the top is 960×400, but it is getting cut off at both ends.

This page right now is set as an image post, full width.

Katie Dawson
    Participant

by the way, in looking through the forums, I can never see the original post. Even looking at this thread, I can only see your reply and my replies. I’m not sure why that is, but it makes it tricky to find answers when you don’t know what the original question was.

Bill Robbins

Katie,

Thanks for sending over the link. I took a look and can see the cropping. Have you made any edits to the image.php file by chance. The image post format is set to use an image that is 960 pixels wide by 640 pixels tall.

If you upload an image that’s already 960 pixels wide and it’s not larger than 640 pixels, it should use the height of the image–in this case 400 pixels tall.

I gave your image a try on my development site and ended up with the screenshot you see below. The content in the images.php file should look like this:

With the default image sizes, the full-width template should display an image that fits the top of the screen as long as the image is wide enough.

Sorry about the forum topics. My membership plugin is fighting with the current version of the bbPress forum plugin. I’m waiting to hear back from the membership people on a fix which hopefully won’t be much longer.

Let me know if I can help with the full-width images.

Katie Dawson
    Participant

Thanks!

I must have changed that image size previously… but I’m not sure why I did it!

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that got sorted out for you. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Have a great weekend

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘full width featured image’ is closed to new replies.