Full page width

Support Area Forums Forward Full page width

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
URL to the page in question: http://epimelosepixeirein.iea.org.gr
  • Author
    faos1
    Participant

Hi Βill,

I am looking to change the page layout to full page.
    I go to dashboard -> appearance -> content and change to no side bar, but I see no result.

Can you help?

thanks

ps image attached

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

What’s the URL to the page you’re trying to change? There are a few situations (like the blog page) where that can’t be changed.

faos1
    Participant

It is normal page link is

Bill Robbins

Thanks. I took a look at the source code of the page. The layout is adjusted via the “body” tag that starts the page’s content out. Here’s what it’s displaying on that URL:

<body class="page page-id-31 page-template page-template-page-full page-template-page-full-php safari  preload">

Did you happen to add a full width page template?

faos1
    Participant

Did you happen to add a full width page template?

Bill, you mean something like WP theme twenty fourteen?

One theme I have installed is the Foundation

Bill Robbins

Gotcha. You can’t add that from the Foundation theme that way. WordPress adds the page template’s file name to the body tag. In Foundation, that’s what’s used to pick up the full width styling, but that’s not how it works in Forward. The page template doesn’t trigger anything in the CSS.

Switch back to the default page template and try the layout settings. It should end up like this page from the demo (http://demo.organizedthemes.com/forward/full-width-page/). Let me know how it goes.

faos1
    Participant

Bill, I am not sure I am getting it.

I am already using the default page template from the (forward theme).

ps to be exact Foundation is the other theme I have installed, currently I am using Forward.

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Any chance you could let me log in and take a look? The page is still showing (in the body tag) that it’s using a full width page template.

faos1
    Participant

of course how can I send you user name and password?

Bill Robbins

Make a post here and check it as private. I’ll be the only one who can see it.

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the login. I took a look and it appears that something has de-registered the meta boxes (the various drop down menus and fields) that the theme adds to pages, posts, staff and sponsors. You can try disabling all plugins and see if they pop back up.

Here’s why that’s causing us trouble. In order to override a layout on a specific page, the theme first checks to see what the layout is set to be on that page. With the layout meta box missing, there’s nothing to check. That causes the theme to stop looking there and not roll onto the default set in the theme options.

Try disabling your plugins and see if the layout box won’t pop back up. It should be in the right hand column when you’re editing a page/post. Ultimately all it does is add in custom fields, so if we can’t pull them up for some reason we can use custom fields to set them though that would be less convenient. We could also just take out the per page layout option.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

faos1
    Participant

thanks Bill, I did that and deactivates all the plugins

no changes

faos1
    Participant

I also tried deactivating all plugins on another site (same theme) and I have the same problem

please have a look

login is

http://apolloninfo.com/works/wp-admin/index.php

user and password same as previous

ps is there a possibility I might using, wrong “forward” installation files?

Bill Robbins

I went on and applied an update to the theme that was pending. I changed the default value so that it would be empty and when that happens it will roll over to the default that’s set in the customizer. You should be able to make those changes there.

I’ll look into the meta boxes. As of now, I don’t know why they are not appearing for you. You can add in any of the information you need via a custom field if necessary. On my local computer and development servers, I haven’t run into this before and haven’t heard of it happening to anyone else either. Hopefully an answer will come up soon.

Take care,
    Bill

faos1
    Participant

thanks now it works on both sites, since I applied the theme update on the 2nd site also.

Ps1 Which is the custom field in case I need it in the future?

ps2 could it because of php older version in my hosting account? I run on php5.2 version, instead of 5.4, which is the current version

br

Bill Robbins

Glad that the global option is working for you now. If you need the custom fields for an individual page layout, here they are.

The “key” is page_layout and the values are:

sidebar-left
    sidebar-right
    no-sidebar

If I can determine the cause I’ll let you know. Perhaps it is the PHP version. I’ll look at that too.

faos1
    Participant

ok thanks a lot

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Full page width’ is closed to new replies.