Front page not displaying properly (or at all) – permalink issue?

Support Area Forums Curator Front page not displaying properly (or at all) – permalink issue?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Scott Lamlein
    Participant

Second problems, probably related to each other.

I created a new Collection called “Front”, and a portfolio item called “front-1” with featured image, as you instruct. That set up this http://www.dev.premierportraits.net/portfolio/front-1/, which as you can see does not display properly. Further, I’m unsure how to assign this to be the opening/front page of the website. I’m guessing we’re in territory related to permalinks, and I have it set (for all my sites) to “month and name”.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott

Bill Robbins

Scott,

Thank you for your business first of all and I can really appreciate working in the middle of the night on a site.

Most of my themes actually use a built in home page that displays automatically as long as in the reading settings (Settings>Reading in the WordPress control panel) the “Front Page Displays” is set to “Your Latest Posts.”

It might sound strange, but that will cause WordPress to use the home page that’s part of the theme.

I’m working on an update to this theme that will be available on Friday. It will include the theme options framework that’s used in our other themes now.

Let me know if you need anything else,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Front page not displaying properly (or at all) – permalink issue?’ is closed to new replies.