Foundation slider

Support Area Forums Foundation Foundation slider

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://dev.careertc.org
  • Author
    Chris Jones
    Participant

Hi Bill,

The slider on the foundation theme has always been a bit slow to load. Is this something I’m doing wrong?

Bill Robbins

Chris,

The slideshow is one of the last things to load typically. It won’t begin until all the slides have loaded so that there are no missing ones.

I did notice looking at the source code of that page that there is a huge — hundreds of lines of code that’s being inserted by the All In One Event Calendar into the header of the page. That’s just bad. If they loaded the image font and CSS as separate files, the browser would cache it and it would only affect the first page load. The way it is, it will have to be downloaded on every page load, just like it’s the first. Make no sense and will slow the site down.

It’s also going to push your content further down for Google to have to search for.

But the slideshow will always be one of the last things to pop up on the page. Beyond just basic optimizing, keep image sizes small, don’t use too many images in the slider, I’m not sure there’s much we can do to speed it up.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Foundation slider’ is closed to new replies.