Formatting on a cell phone

Support Area Forums Grassroots Formatting on a cell phone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: https://www.kotafoundation.org
  • Author
    Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’ve noticed something strange and that is when I look at my website on my Iphone and I click on any of the inside pages, such as any of the title’s in either the Science, Story or Blog pages there is a HUGE blank sidebar that screws up the page. It works fine on the main screens but just not when you click to get to the content. Do you know how I can remove this? I probably have inadvertently added it somehow but would like the page to take up the whole screen with no sidebar if that’s possible.

Thanks for your help and hope you and your family had a Happy Thanksgiving!

-Debbie

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Debbie,

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. You’re welcome to change the font sizes on smaller screens. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {

h1 {
      	  font-size: 30px;
      	}

h2 {
      	  font-size: 24px;
      	}

h3 {
      	  font-size: 22px;
      	}

h4 {
      	  font-size: 17px;
      	}

body {
      		font-size: 15px !important;
      	}

h2.hero-title {
      		font-size:50px; 
      	}

.hero-copy p {
      		font-size:20px; 
      	}

h3.widget-title, 
      	#sidebar .testimony-block h3.widget-title {
      		font-size:22px; 
      	}

}

3. Update your settings.

That should make the type in the theme proportional and a bit smaller. Feel free to change any of those sizes to fit your needs.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for that information but I just want to be clear. My website pages show up fine on my I-phone except for certain pages inside my website. If I change the font won’t that change the font for every page in my Iphone? Which I definitely don’t want. The inside page problem looks like a sidebar issue not a font problem. But you would know more about this than I would. I have provided a link to a specific page I am referring to. All inside pages show up this way (with a huge sidebar to the right of the page).

https://www.kotafoundation.org/why-your-grandmothers-ivory-necklace-is-so-dangerous-part-1/

Thanks for your help!

-Debbie

Bill Robbins

Hi Debbie,

I believe that’s a really long URL in your content that’s causing your trouble there. It’ll work out better to turn the title of the articles in your footnotes into a link with the specified URL instead of listing the URL after it. If you’ll change those, that should keep everything from getting pushed over for you.

Take care,
    Bill

Debbie Ethell
    Participant

That was it! I can make them work once I remove the links and incorporate them in a different way.

Thanks for your help!

-Debbie

Bill Robbins

Glad that did the trick Debbie 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Formatting on a cell phone’ is closed to new replies.