Formatting in Browsers

Support Area Forums Forward Formatting in Browsers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://http://www.limehousetownhall.co.uk
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

Have just installed the theme on my server, I get an unusual error whereby the font seems different in each of my three browsers. Safari seems to have strange issues with layout and overlapping. I don’t get this with any of my other wordpress installs on the same server.

Please see the attachments for screenshots.

Cheers,
    Sam

Bill Robbins

Hello Sam,

I’d be glad to take a look for you. When I visit the URL to your site, I’m seeing a coming soon page. Is there any way to see past that?

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Good Morning Sam,

I just took a look and I’ve attached screenshots of what I’m seeing between Safari and Chrome on your site. You’ll notice the navigation menu item font looks a bit different between the two.

If you look closely at the text you’ll see that the letters have the same shapes, almost as if the ones in Safari were filled in, they would look like Chrome.

Browsers do render text differently from one another. So do operating systems. The same typeface in Firefox for Windows won’t look the same or even be the exact same size in Firefox for Mac.

They will even look slightly different from the customizer’s preview to the live view on the front end. I find the fonts render a bit lighter, weight wise, in the customizer than on the front page. If it’s a particularly delicate font, that can make a difference.

Let me know how things go.

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

At least they look similar on yours lol. Which is the default font as used in the demo?

Bill Robbins

Looks like the demo uses Open Sans.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Formatting in Browsers’ is closed to new replies.