Footer Width and RSS Feed Offset

Support Area Forums Progress Footer Width and RSS Feed Offset

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http:..www.broken-promises.org
  • Author
    HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

Where would I find the code that would allow me to widen the footer area on the bottom of each page. Currently, I am wrapping the content that should be able to fit on the page.

Also the RSS Icon is smack up against the edge of the page. I’d like to back it off the right margin a little, so it is not touching the border line. Can’t find that code line either 🙁

Thanks, Rk

Bill Robbins

Hello Richard,

Good question. Are you looking to have the footer be full width, essentially spanning the whole browser window or just slightly larger? Just let me know which you’re wanting to do and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

I was thinking full width. I have a table in it so I can control copyright and link entries, etc.

However, I do have an RSS feed logo in the far right which is independent of the logo. there should be room for that. At the moment the table is set to 100% width with a no wrap requirement, not so good for responsive resizing. And I trimmed back the text entries so it fits. It’s only a matter of time before I change something and it breaks up.

Any page bootom of page http://www.broken-promises.org

Bill Robbins

Gotcha. To do that you’ll first want to edit the footer.php file. You’ll want to find this line:

</div><!-- Close Wrap -->

and move it above all the content for the footer. That will move the footer outside of the theme’s “wrapper” that allows the content to sit in the middle of the browser window. From there it will default to a width of 100%. You can then adjust the table inside to fit your needs.

Let me know if you run into any trouble there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Footer Width and RSS Feed Offset’ is closed to new replies.