Footer not displaying at bottom of mobile and small tablets

Support Area Forums Foxy Footer not displaying at bottom of mobile and small tablets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Christine Donalies
    Participant

How to get footer to display at the bottom of page on mobile and small tablet? You will notice, the footer is centered at the middle of each page and set in the background. Displays this way on mobile and small tablets only.

Bill Robbins

Christine,

Good question. On mobile devices, there generally isn’t enough room to fix the footer text to the bottom right corner like it is on a desktop. It can overlap the main content area if it is long enough and if its fixed, you can’t move the text out of the way.

So on mobile devices, we center the text and change it from being fixed to instead be relative to the page’s main content. If a page has lots of content, the footer will initially be off screen. If the page has little content, it could be hi up in the page.

Bill

Christine Donalies
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Even on page where I have a lot of content, for example our “Today’s Menu” has 7 menus listed in a row and “What’s Cooking”, our blog has three posts, and our “Events” page has 274 words-the footer is still hanging in the same place on all of our pages.

I don’t understand~ It looks awful. Can you take a look at my page and see if there is an alternative? http://www.cynthia’srestaurant.com. That is my really my biggest concern with theme besides not being able to see any of the background photos on mobile. Can that be adjusted?

Thanks for getting back with me so fast 😉

Christine

Bill Robbins

Thanks for the link. It looks like you have the Next Gen Gallery plugin installed for some reason. It’s actually what’s causing the footer to not change position. You can fix their bug by adding this to the Custom CSS box that’s in the styling tab of the theme options page:

body {
    	height: auto !important;
    }

Or you can skip the plugin altogether. WordPress has a nice built-in gallery feature. This plugin was really useful about six years ago before they added that. The way most people use it, they would be better served by sticking with the one that’s included with WordPress. Just food for thought.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Footer not displaying at bottom of mobile and small tablets’ is closed to new replies.