Footer link

Support Area Forums Epic Footer link

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ricky Ponce
    Participant

A bit new to all this but I would like to create a small link on the left side of the footer to our impressum page. how would I go about doing this? thanks a lot

Bill Robbins

Ricky,

Thank you for your business first of all. You can add a link to the left hand side of your footer. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the “Identity” tab.
    2. Scroll down to the “Footer Text” field.
    3. Paste this into the box:

4. Just replace the http://yoururl.com with the URL you’d like to link to and the Your Link with the text you’d like to make a link.
    5. Update your settings.

That should add in a link to your footer. You can also add text before the <a or after the </a> to have additional words that aren’t linked.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Ricky Ponce
    Participant

Just tried it but its not making a link for it. The text I filled in for the “your link” area is there but not clickable

Bill Robbins

Can you send me a link to where you’re working with it so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks

Ricky Ponce
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for the link. I took a look and one possible problem is the caching plugin may be showing an older version of your page. Try going to the “Settings” section of your WordPress control panel and selecting “WP Super Cache.” At the top of that screen set caching to “off” and update your settings.

Hopefully that will let the new footer changes take effect. If it doesn’t let me know,
    Bill

Ricky Ponce
    Participant

Just tried it but Still no luck

Bill Robbins

Gotcha,

Looks like it’s stripping out the HTML there, so let’s just edit it directly.

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose footer.php and look for this spot (line 12):

<?php echo of_get_option('footer_text','') ?>

3. Replace that with the code snippet above.
    4. Save your changes.

That should hard code the link into your footer. If you have trouble, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Footer link’ is closed to new replies.