Footer issues

Support Area Forums Elite Footer issues

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.lostcottageart.com
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Bill,

I have a couple of issues with my footer. First the Contact info widget was being put on too many lines in the footer on the Home Page. When I went to another page it would display fine. I inspected the element and was able to fix in the Custom CCS box. But I have a lot of extra space with the Element. I tried adjusting the padding of the footer as mentioned in another post, but that does not fix it. I’m not sure if this area is a fixed height or relative to the content. It looks like it’s part of on an inline style, so I cannot find it with the #footer-sidebar. Can you help?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Matt,

There is a style for the contact widget when it’s used with the home page template to make sure the text portion is equal to the map height wise. You can override it this way:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

#footer-sidebar .vcard {
      	min-height: 0;
      }

3. Update your settings.

Take care,
    Bill

Matt
    Participant

Thanks Bill I will give it a try. Another question, I see that you have an update version available for the theme. Should I take all my custom CSS in the Advanced tab and apply it to a Child Theme before updating. I see you have a tutorial on that, but I also see that you are referencing the @import command. WordPress is requiring a enqueue_script http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes. I’m not sure the way you mention will work anymore. I want to make sure before I go through the process.

Thanks,
    Matt

Bill Robbins

Hey Matt,

Unless you’re planning on writing other PHP functions, I would just stick with the @import. CSS is CSS so it will still work fine.

If you have lots of custom CSS, then a child theme is a good option. If it’s a small amount of CSS, then I wouldn’t bother with it.

I did end up putting the above snippet into the theme update, so it’s not something that you’ll have to include after that point.

Take care,
    Bill

Matt
    Participant

Ok. So if I just add a few lines of custom CSS to the Advanced tab then I should be ok without a need for a Child Theme? Will I lose the CSS once I update the theme or should I copy and past in a text file somewhere?

Bill Robbins

You should be fine with updates. There is an export for the theme options that’s also in the appearance section of your dashboard. You can use it to make a backup of them just in case.

Matt
    Participant

Ok. Yet it kept them. The only thing is that I’m still having the issue with the Content Widget on the Home Page. Looks like this. Also, how did you get the phone # to show in your demo while still showing the Footer Menu?

Bill Robbins

The phone number is in the navigation menu. It’s a custom link.

If you’re not using the map, just use a text widget for the contact information.

Matt
    Participant

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Anytime

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Footer issues’ is closed to new replies.