Food Menus non-functional

Support Area Forums Bottega Food Menus non-functional

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Talisman
    Participant

I’m wondering if the update to WordPress 3.4 changed the way the menu structure operates, as I have been unable to get the food/menu groups to work at all. I’ve gone carefully through each step for creating menu items and assigning them to groups. I set up the main menu items for the header, and they do “work” on hover (meaning sub-items show up in drop-downs). However, when any menu item is clicked (group or food item), I get a Not Found page. Other pages work fine, though.

I can’t figure out how to get this to work, and I’d really love to. The beautiful food menus were the very reason I chose Bottega. My install is at http://thetalismanrestaurant.com/main.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bill Robbins

Here’s what I would suggest trying first. Go to the Settings section and choose permalinks. On that page try saving your permalinks again. You don’t have to change them, just save them. Once the page refreshes, save them one more time. That will clear them out. Normally that will bring back the menu links. If that doesn’t work, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Talisman
    Participant

DId you hear the shriek of amazement all the way from Kenya? You NAILED it! Why on earth that worked is beyond me (the mysteries of WordPress), but it DID!

I am so excited to see the menus showing up so beautifully! Incredible.

Okay, another question: Is it possible to have all the staff bios show up on a single page together, or do I have to keep them separate with the submenu option?

Smiling broadly,
    Jennie

Bill Robbins

Jennie,

Glad to hear that worked for you. It’s the strangest bit of WordPress instruction, but it does take care of missing pages sometimes.

You can display your complete staff on one page with the Bottega theme. What you’ll want to do is create a page for your staff. While editing that page, look in the right hand column for the “page attributes” section. In there you’ll see a drop-down for page templates. Choose the “Staff Page” template and that page will display all of your staff members on one page…even if it’s a really long list.

If you have any trouble, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Talisman
    Participant

Once again, thanks! That was very easy.

I am really enjoying this theme and how nicely it customizes. I think my client is going to be really happy — it’s a VAST improvement over their non-mobile-friendly, PDF-heavy site!

Warmly,
    Jennie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Food Menus non-functional’ is closed to new replies.