fixing footer section

Support Area Forums Forward fixing footer section

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Jennifer Gonyea
    Participant

Hi Tim,

I’m trying to add text to the Footer for “Contact Us” but for some reason the text is running into the same line and the font for the header hs not changed correctly to Open Sans, per what I set in the appearance section. Can you help?

thanks,
    Jen

Bill Robbins

Hi Jen,

I’d be glad to take a look for you. Could you send over the URL to where you’re having the overlapping text? Also could you let me know which specifically which text you’re trying to change to Open Sans so I can see what’s up there?

Thanks,
    Bill

Jennifer Gonyea
    Participant

Thanks so much Bill. Its the footer called: Contact Parkinson’s Fitness-here is the link: http://parkinsonsfitness.org/2016/

If you look at the footer on the home page, you can see the address is running into the same lines, with no separation from the first line, c/o Keith and Linda Hall. And the widget header font still looks different than the other widget headers above (i.e. Facebook, donation) even though I thought I had changed the font to Open Sans.

thanks! Jen

Bill Robbins

Hi Jen,

The text widget is great at taking exactly what’s entered and placing it on the front end of the site. The downside of that is, creating a new line in HTML won’t cause the browser to separate the content into a different row for us humans to read.

What you’ll want to do is add a break at the end of each line where you want to start a new one. Add this to create each break:

(Copy that code from the support site instead of the notification email.)

Use that as you would a return in a word processor and that should help put those on different lines for you.

For the widgets, there is a separate font control for the widgets that are in the home widget area. Changing that will not affect widget in the footer though. I believe the footer widgets will inherit the font family from the sidebar widget section in the widget styles. See if you can adjust them there.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Jennifer Gonyea
    Participant

thanks so much, it worked!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘fixing footer section’ is closed to new replies.