Featured Products Widget

Support Area Forums Elite Featured Products Widget

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: www.lookwright.com
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Bill,

First, thanks for your previous help and support.

I’m inquiring to see if you can give me any tips on how I might be able to implement something similar to the “Featured Products” home block widget if I am using WP e-commerce rather than Woo Commerce. I’ve been trying a lot of different things and have not come up with a visually pleasing solution. Thanks for your time.

Bill Robbins

Mitchell,

Great question. It’s probably been about four years since I last worked with WP E-commerce so my experience level is pretty low. It does predate custom post types, so I’m not sure how the content is stored in the database or retrieved. To try a custom solution, we’d have to know that for sure.

One way to mimic that style would be to use an image gallery. It’s possible to link the individual images to any URL. You could create a gallery, place a thumbnail for each of the products you’d like to display and then link them using the URL option. That would give you a grid display of products and not require any custom coding.

It’s just a though, but that’s probably the simplest way to go about it.

If I can help, just let me know,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks Bill…

When you say “Place a thumbnail for each product” … would that be utilizing a particular widget on the Home Sections… or would that be directly on the Home Page itself? Thanks

Bill Robbins

I would make a new page for the gallery. Then insert the gallery into the page. There’s a quick video at http://vimeo.com/60180941 that can show you how to make one.

Then use the Home Block — Page Content widget to show the content from that page on your front page.

See how that works for you.

Participant

Hey Bill,

One last question for you regarding this topic…

I’m messing around with your suggestion and having fun with it. I’m curious if there is a way to cleanly and universally insert a line [the same as the line that goes above the footer] between each of the “Home Sections” ? Thanks again and again

Bill Robbins

You can do that. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#home-one .wrap {
      	border-bottom: 1px solid #cccccc;
      }

3. Just change the #cccccc to the color you’d like to have at the bottom of the first home section. You can repeat that for other sections as you add them by duplicating that and changing the #home-one to #home-two or #home-three and so on.
    4. Update your settings.

See how that works for you.

Have a good night,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Products Widget’ is closed to new replies.