Featured Posts Widget doesn't appear on the Home page

Support Area Forums Epic Featured Posts Widget doesn't appear on the Home page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Bolot Bochkarev
    Participant

Hi,

Could, please, tell what to do?

1. Featured Posts Widget and Featured Pages Widget do not appear on the Home page.

Almost all other widgets appear in the Home Botton section, but Featured Posts Widget as well as Featured Pages Widget do not appear. How to fix it?

2. The Text Widget

It doesn’t also appear, when I write the text in the Russian language in the widget body. If it is in English, it comes out.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

My site http://www.teatryakutia.ru

Bill Robbins

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. Would it be possible for you to email a login to your site to support@organizedthemes.com so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Bolot Bochkarev
    Participant

Thank you, Bill. I have sent you a login.

Bill Robbins

Thank you for sending over the login. I took a look. For some reason the featured post and featured page widgets are not saving. If you add them to the home bottom sidebar, save them and then leave the widgets screen, when you come back they will not be there.

The only other site I’m aware of that is Russian and uses Epic is http://russianbaptistfellowship.com which does use the featured page widget on their home page. The only major difference I can see between the two sites is their site is running WordPress 3.8.1. It looks like your site is running 3.5.1. I’m not certain it’s version related, but it would be worth a shot to update your version of WordPress and see if it will begin working again.

You can do that by going to your WordPress dashboard and clicking on updates. The update for WordPress will be at the top.

If that doesn’t do it, let me know and we’ll dig further. I didn’t want to update it myself in case there was a reason you were running the earlier version.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Bolot Bochkarev
    Participant

Bill, thank you for your time.

I have just noted that widgets do not support the Russian language. Only some default widgets can do it. Yours don’t.

When I put the Russian text in the widget title or body, the widget crashes. How to fix it?

Best,
    Bolot.

Bill Robbins

I’m still a bit puzzled since they do work on the other Russian WordPress site.

Let’s try this as a work-around. There is a plugin called Ultimate Posts Widget which works like our featured post widget. You can use it to display a list of your latest posts on the home page along with an excerpt, featured image and other items. See fit hat won’t be a good option to get around the built-in one not saving.

Let me know how that works for you,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Posts Widget doesn't appear on the Home page’ is closed to new replies.