Featured Page Widget

Support Area Forums Progress Featured Page Widget

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Richard Bruijn
    Participant

Hello Bill,

Here a question about the Featured Page Widget. I installed a plugin for a portfolio called ‘Awesome Filterable Portfolio’. But when I would like to use this portfolio page in the Featured Page Widget it doesn’t work. Could you help me with that?

Thanks in advance!

Richard Bruijn
    (The Netherlands)

Bill Robbins

Richard,

Glad to help. The featured page widget is made to display the featured image of that page inside the widget and also some text if you’d like it to. If you have some introductory text above your portfolio shortcode, then it could display that. If not, you’ll probably want to leave the text out. It also won’t show the actual portfolio images in the widget. You’ll need to choose one and add it as your featured image there to make it show up.

If you still run into trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Richard Bruijn
    Participant

Hello Bill,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. The plugin only works good without text.
    You can have a look at http://www.re-cad.nl. I am not finished yet but maybe you can give me some advise for the layout.
    What is the size for the featured images? Because I have 2 different size at my homepage.

Thanks!

Richard Bruijn

Bill Robbins

Good morning Richard,

The featured images for pages are set to be 960 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall. If you’ll stay in that size range it should size down nicely for the widget too.

I can completely see how adding text to the portfolio page wouldn’t work out as well.

If you run into trouble, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Page Widget’ is closed to new replies.