Featured image not showing on pages

Support Area Forums Bottega Featured image not showing on pages

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://66.147.242.199/~batchba1/bread/
  • Author
    Dandelion222
    Participant

I have added a featured image to a couple of my pages. One full width and on with a sidebar. The featured image isn’t showing on either page. Do you know why?

Bill Robbins

Hello Dandelion,

Good question. Did you happen to set the page to use the image format? When you’re editing a page, look in the right hand column and you’ll see a box for formats. I believe if you select image there it will cause it to appear for you.

If that doesn’t do the trick, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Dandelion222
    Participant

The format is standard. I thought formats only applied to posts. Can pages be different formats too?

Bill Robbins

They can be. In Bottega the trigger to have the featured image displayed is the format of the page. See if setting the page to “image” doesn’t cause it to display just below the header for you.

Dandelion222
    Participant

Oh yes, that was it. Thank you! I would not have thought of that.

Dandelion222
    Participant

What happens if I choose Gallery or Video? Are those embedded onto the page? Or at the top? Or anything?

Bill Robbins

If you choose video, it will pull the video embed code from the box on the right. You can use that to display a video from Vimeo, YouTube or other service. Just place the embed code from that service in the box and select video.

The gallery one will create a slideshow out of all the images that were uploaded while editing that page. The images don’t have to be inserted into the content of the page, but they do have to be uploaded while editing it so that WordPress associates the images with the page. That’s how it knows which images to use there.

Dandelion222
    Participant

Interesting. Thanks for this information. Very helpful!

Bill Robbins

Happy to help out 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured image not showing on pages’ is closed to new replies.