Featured Image in Blog Post

Support Area Forums Finesse Featured Image in Blog Post

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.survivortown.com
  • Author
    Tony Mormino
    Participant

Hi Bill. Theme is working great and starting to write blog posts. I would like to add a featured image to the blog posts to show up on the top of the post page. Would also like to add a hero image the the main blog page.

When I add a featured image to my blog post it does not show up. Can you let me know what i am doing wrong?

Thanks for all the excellent support!

Bill Robbins

Hi Tony,

You’re welcome to add a hero to the main blog page — the posts archive. Just edit that page and add a hero like you would on any other page.

Presently only pages and products can have a hero section though. It’s possible that may get added in the next feature update to the theme though.

On posts, the featured image is displayed in the archive view, on the blog page, but not in the single view of that post. If you’d like to have the featured image visible in the single view of the post, you’ll need to insert it into the content of the post.

Let me know if you run into trouble,
    Bill

Tony Mormino
    Participant

Awesome that worked great but can you tell me why my blog posts are so high up on the page now? The are starting under my logo. Any way to lower them? Here is an example: http://survivortown.com/how-much-bleach-to-purify-water/

Bill Robbins

Hi Tony,

Looks like the logo is a bit bigger than the space that was created for it. Try adding this to your Custom CSS and see if it’ll help you out:

.default-builder #header {
    	position: relative;
    }

.default-builder #wrap {
    	margin-top: 0px;
    }

Take care,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hi Tony,

You could make it a bit smaller with CSS like this:

h1.image-logo img {
    	width: 300px;
    }

It’s a good looking logo ?

Tony Mormino
    Participant

Much better! Thanks so much.

Bill Robbins

Happy to help 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Image in Blog Post’ is closed to new replies.