Feature Request: Scripture Field

Support Area Forums Kerygma Feature Request: Scripture Field

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Jonathan Minter
    Participant

I would love for there to be a scripture field on an individual podcast. This would be displayed in the individual podcast page, and there could be an option in the theme options to dynamically link this scripture field to an online bible of your choice (like Bible Gateway, youversion, etc). Bible Gateway at least has a predictable URL format where you can pass in a reference at the end of a URL string and get to that passage.

I have modified the theme to include a message_scripture field and modified the template to display it after the speaker, with a link to Bible Gateway.

Then, you could build a scripture search/browse feature based on that so you could search for sermons based on particular scriptures.

I would love for that to be part of the base!

Jonathan Minter
    Participant

Display Year on Series List. We will have a sermon archive that goes back several years, so displaying the year on the sermon list for a given series would be very helpful. Again, I’ve modified the theme to do this, but would love for this to be part of the base.

See attachment for how I’ve modified.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Jonathan,

Thank you for the suggestions. I think both are good and I’ll look at incorporating them in the next feature update to the theme. I’ve thought for a while that I needed a good method to include scripture references in the podcast section.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature Request: Scripture Field’ is closed to new replies.