Fatal Error importing Sample Data

Support Area Forums Moonrise Fatal Error importing Sample Data

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Satian Vasudevan
    Participant

I am trying to upload sample data and failing miserably. I have to apologise for my ignorance first as I am a complete newbie to wordpress and themes etc and pretty blind in what I am trying to do with it.

The idea is to achieve something similar to Chicounou for our restaurant here in Australia. I assumed that uploading the “Sample Data” will give me some guidance in how I can go about creating the final result I want but the error message that WP throws everytime I do that tells me I could be doing something wrong.

Any advice or guidance will be appreciated

Error using Import->Wordpress->moonrise.xml

“Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75 bytes) in /home/malaysia/public_html/Kata/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/parsers.php on line 192”

Bill Robbins

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble too. It sounds like WordPress is running out of memory while trying to import the sample data.

If you’d like to send over a link to your site and a login to support@organizedthemes.com, I can break up the sample data into smaller files and then set up your site as a copy of the demo. That might be the easiest option since memory looks a bit low for the importer.

Enjoy your weekend, and let me know if I can help,
    Bill

bbjackt
    Participant

Hi I have a similar problem as it has partially uploaded. Have emailed you the logins to see if can have a look.

Many thanks

Bill Robbins

Sorry for the trouble. The WordPress import tool is rather imperfect to say the least. I’d be glad to install the sample data for you. If you don’t mind letting me know the URL to the site and also which theme you’d like to install, I’ll take care of it for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal Error importing Sample Data’ is closed to new replies.