Fatal error: Cannot redeclare the_content_limit()

Support Area Forums Agency Fatal error: Cannot redeclare the_content_limit()

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Luke Heights
    Participant

Below activating this theme I tried the ‘live preview’ and got the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare the_content_limit() (previously declared in /home2/myhost12/public_html/livehappyandsuccessful.com/wp-content/plugins/limit-post.php:18) in /home2/myhost12/public_html/livehappyandsuccessful.com/wp-content/themes/responsive-visual/includes/content-limit.php on line 45

Bill Robbins

Luke,

It looks like the limit post plugin and theme are using a function with the same name which is what’s triggering the error. You can turn off the plugin and after that you should be able to preview the theme.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Luke Heights
    Participant

It worked as you said, thanks!
    I changed the theme, but I don’t think I like it. Give it a look and please provide some feedback.

Bill Robbins

The Responsive Visual theme probably isn’t the best theme for a straightforward blog since it’s really made to use the large background images. It’s more for artists, photographers and businesses that have images to show off.

I would try either Foundation or Epic. Both have good blog sections that would work well with your content/layout too.

Sorry for the delay. For some reason the notification ended up in my spam folder and I just found it.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Luke Heights
    Participant

Hey,
    I changed the theme to Foundation, but now it looks like a black and white site. How should I change this up to make it look as awesome as the ‘theme sample’ you have on your site?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Luke,

You’ll probably want to make some styling changes. Go to the Theme Options page and select the styling tab. There you can change your background, fonts and other styling elements used in the theme.

You can also set your posts to be image, video or gallery formats. That will let you highlight your images and videos above the title of each post. That’s what several of the posts in the theme demo do (http://www.organizedthemes.com/demo/foundation/blog/).

Hope that helps get you started,
    Bill

Luke Heights
    Participant

Bill,
    I appreciate the quick response.

The first thing I’m trying to do is to get my site format resembling the demo site. I’m missing the menu bar, and title. How do I get them back?

Next, should I move all my widgets from the ‘default side’ bar to the side bar items from foundation theme. Will that give me the ‘look’ the demo site has?

Thanks again!

Luke Heights
    Participant

Bill,
    I was in the settings and noticed that when I select “no tag line”, then the title of my blog does display. I assume you can only display one or the other?

Next,
    I selected the ‘search box’ ON option and now the menu bar comes up, but the pages I have for my blog, which did display in my original blog, still do Not display here. So, the menu bar is just a black bar on the screen.

Thanks
    LiveHappyAndSuccessful.com

Bill Robbins

Luke,

You can set up your navigation menus by going to the Appearance section and selecting Menus. That’s where you can create a menu and add your pages, categories and any other items you’d like to include to your menu. Once you’ve created one, you can then assign it to the “primary” menu location which is inside the menu bar. That should make your menu appear.

There are two options for the site title. You can use an image logo, or allow the theme to display the title that you entered when you created your WordPress site. That will appear on the left hand side of the header.

On the right hand side is the “tagline” which is usually a short descriptive text about your site. Both the title and the tagline can be changed by going to the Settings section and selecting General. The top of that screen allows you to change those.

If you’re using an image logo, that can be set in the Theme Options page or in the Theme Customizer.

For the sidebars, the default is the fallback one. If you don’t use any other sidebars, then the widgets from the default one will be displayed everywhere except in the home page template (like the demo). For all the other pages, the default will appear unless one of the more specific sidebars is in use.

For example if you’re viewing the staff section and have a widget in the staff sidebar, then that sidebar will be used instead of the default one. If you’re on a page and there is a widget in the page sidebar, then the page sidebar will be shown instead of the default.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal error: Cannot redeclare the_content_limit()’ is closed to new replies.