Facebook page name too long = cropped faces

Support Area Forums Bottega Facebook page name too long = cropped faces

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    alesis
    Participant

My site: http://www.tentacionesysabores.com.ar/medialuna/

I have tried to modify with the widget-facebook-like-box.php without results.

Please help me to fix the cropped faces and names.

I also donĀ“t know why appear only 8 people, maybe they have no pictures? Thank you!

Bill Robbins

Thank you for your business first of all and great question. You can adjust the height of the widget. Here’s how:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose widget-facebook-like-box.php and look for this spot:

echo '<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href='. $embed .'&width=300&height=258&colorscheme=light&show_faces=true&border_color=%23fff&stream=false&header=false&appId=173774596047252" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:300px; height:258px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>';

3. you can change the height:258px to a larger value, perhaps 275px.
    4. Save your changes

See if that works out a bit better. You can then adjust the height to get it just right with the size height you’d like to have.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

alesis
    Participant

Done. Thank you Bill.

I found my mistake, there are 2 places to change the height:

iframe src=”//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=’. $embed .’&width=300&height=305&colorscheme=light&show_faces=true&border_color=%23fff&stream=false&header=false&appId=173774596047252″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ style=”border:none; overflow:hidden; width:300px; height:305px;” allowTransparency=”true”>‘;

Then with a custom CSS: #home-middle .facebook-widget {padding-bottom: 0px;}
    I made the widget shorter:

Thanks again and I appreciate you answered me on weekend.

Bill Robbins

I’m glad to hear you were able to get that fixed up. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook page name too long = cropped faces’ is closed to new replies.