Expanding the Footer

Support Area Forums Moonrise Expanding the Footer

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Adriana Urbanczyk
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    Really love the Moonrise theme. Just wondering if there is a way to add more content to the footer than a line of text. I would like to add a couple links (privacy, terms of use, customer job tracking links) and a icon image. Is there a way to expand the footer area like other themes have a footer area where widgets can be applied?

Thanks,
    Adriana

Bill Robbins

Adriana,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question too. One way you could go about that would be to use the “social” navigation location that’s built into the theme. In the demo it’s used for the social icons in the footer, but you can use it for any navigation menu. You could use that to display your links.

If that works for you, then that idea can also be expanded to include an icon. Just let me know.

If you need the social icon row too, let me know and I’ll send you instructions on how to edit the footer.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Adriana Urbanczyk
    Participant

Thanks Bill,
    I will give that a try.

Adriana

Adriana Urbanczyk
    Participant

Bill,
    I got sidetracked and am now back to my site….where is the social navigation location? I can’t seem to locate it.

*******WAIT—I think I found it 🙂 ****************
    I need to create a new menu and select it for the Social Media Links (footer) area in menus.

Giving that a try.

Thanks,
    Adriana

Bill Robbins

That’s it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Adriana Urbanczyk
    Participant

Bill,
    I added my links sucessfully.

Now in the footer text field in the Theme Options General tab I tried to add a line of text in the following format: Company Name | Company Address | Company Phone | Company Copyright

It wouldn’t save the line of text and reverted to a blank field upon saving. (the company name alone will save however). Is this tied to the site name somehow?

I thought maybe it didn’t like the bar character. I substituted a dash. When that also wouldn’t save I took out the characters completely. Still it doesn’t save the line of text.

Is there a character limit?

Adriana

Bill Robbins

Adriana,

Great question. For security, the theme options will only allow you to save text and not any html.

But you can edit the footer directly and use just about anything. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on the right, choose footer.php and look for this:

<p><?php echo of_get_option('footer_text','') ?></p>

3. Replace that with any html or text you’d like to use and save your changes.

That should let you use any text you’d like to.

If you have any questions or problems, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Expanding the Footer’ is closed to new replies.