Events Calendar Problem

Support Area Forums United Events Calendar Problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Raphael
    Participant

Hi Just bought the United theme and now setting up the site locally. I’ve been testing the Events Calendar which works great except when I first go on the Calendar in default list view and then change it straight to month view it doesn’t show the Events for this month. Only if I go one month ahead and then one month back it will show up. I tested it with a different theme where it works fine and noticed that when I first click on month view it adds ‘?tribe-bar-date=Datum’ to the url which other themes don’t do. If I delete ‘?tribe-bar-date=Datum’ from the url and reload then it works fine in United theme as well.

Is ‘?tribe-bar-date=Datum’ necessary and where is this generated?

Would appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Bill Robbins

Raphael,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble with the Calendar. Would it be possible for you to send over a link to your calendar so I can take a closer look at that for you?

Thanks again,
    Bill

Raphael
    Participant

Unfortunately I’m testing the theme only on my local server. Just ordered Webhosting today so in the next few days I will go online.

However I noticed that on the demo version of United the URL behaves the same, only there are no events for this month so I can’t test it.

Bill Robbins

Well shoot. I typically have that displayed as a list instead of the calendar (that way I don’t have to create years of events for the demo). Something must have changed in the plugin since I released the theme.

Let me see if I can track the change down right quick. I’ll let you know what I turn up.

Sorry about that,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Raphael,

I believe I just tracked it down. The search text in the header there was actually being used for a search. So when a user tried to switch views, they were also preforming a search for the word “search.” Here’s how to change that:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-js.php and find this spot:

// Placeholder for HTML 5 form fields	
      	jQuery('[placeholder]').focus(function() {
      		var input = jQuery(this);
      		if (input.val() == input.attr('placeholder')) {
      			input.val('');
      		input.removeClass('placeholder');
      		}
      	}).blur(function() {
      		if (input.val() == '' || input.val() == input.attr('placeholder')) {
      			input.addClass('placeholder');
      			input.val(input.attr('placeholder'));
      		}
      	}).blur().parents('form').submit(function() {
      		jQuery(this).find('[placeholder]').each(function() {
      			if (input.val() == input.attr('placeholder')) {
      			  input.val('');
      			}
      		})
      	});

and delete it.

3. Save your changes.

See if that won’t take care of it for you. I’ve added it to the demo and it seems to have resolved it there. I’ll roll it into a theme update as well.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Raphael
    Participant

Yes, that worked!
    Thank you so much.

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. If you run into any other trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Problem’ is closed to new replies.