error message

Support Area Forums Agency error message

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://aiclimbingguide.com/
  • Author
    Participant

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘face’ in /homepages/12/d476954038/htdocs/aiclimbing/wp-content/themes/agency/includes/fonts.php on line 158

There is no way to easily update the theme. I had to upload the updated files via file zilla to the themes folder. When I do I get the above error that scrolls across the top of the page. How do I fix this? Sorry to bug you. Thank you in advance for your help.

Bill Robbins

Make sure wp-debug is set to false inside the wp-config.php file. It’s in the root folder of your WordPress installation.

Participant

I just checked and it is set to false.

Bill Robbins

Try deleting the theme and upload again. Once the upload is finished, be sure to go to the theme options and save them. If that doesn’t do it, I have no idea.

Participant

the agency theme folder was named agency-v-2-0-10 that was the old theme. I uploaded the new theme files. could there be a conflict since there are 2 themes one old and one new? Only the new theme is creating the error.

Bill Robbins

Shouldn’t make a difference. Make a backup if you want then delete, upload and save options.

Participant

Strange. 3rd Time deleting and uploading and saving the options it worked. Thanks for your help. Have a great day.

Bill Robbins

Sorry, I’m not feeling much like myself today. Been sick for a couple of weeks now.

It was some time ago that the font options were added. I have some faint memory that in updating people occasionally had an error similar to that one when they updated the theme and didn’t save the theme options after the update. It’s been a good while since I’ve encountered that, but that may be what’s up here.

If it’s not, then I really don’t know. Very little has changed in the theme since October of 2013.

Participant

I hope you feel better soon! sending healing vibes. ~~~~~~~

The very old theme version does not have the updates so they were just working with the ancient version. All is working correctly now. Thanks again for your help. I hope you have a great rest of the day!!

Bill Robbins

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘error message’ is closed to new replies.