Epic Staff Detail Page Length

Support Area Forums Epic Epic Staff Detail Page Length

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    David McDougal
    Participant

Hi! I’m creating a site for a church client and the pastor has a LONG bio he wants on the site. But I’m running into an issue where the “details” page doesn’t extend to accommodate the length of the text. The box cuts off and the text keeps going down the page, if that makes sense.

I’ve tried playing with the “more” code and I’m unable to resolve the issue. Is there a character limit I’m missing somewhere?

Bill Robbins

David,

Great to hear from you. I hope all is well in your world.

There are two things at work here. The staff listing is set to use the excerpt function. You can change that by editing the taxonomy-staff-group.php file and changing out the_excerpt for the_content. That’ll give you the chance to use a more tag if you’d like to.

The other bit you’ll need to change is the height. You can either edit this in the style.css file:

article.staff-list {
    	clear: both;
    	margin-bottom: 20px;
    	height: 250px;
    }

or you can add this to the custom styling box in the theme options page:

article.staff-list {
    	height: auto;
    }

That’ll let the box stretch to fit your content.

You may also want to add this since the text will end up being longer than the image.

article.staff-list img {
    	margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

That will give some space below the picture to keep it from running into the text.

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

I was having this problem, too…and I read this…did it, and it worked! Thank you very much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Epic Staff Detail Page Length’ is closed to new replies.