Epic Demo Look

Support Area Forums Epic Epic Demo Look

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.seanmlee.org
  • Author
    Sean Lee
    Participant

I have switched my site over to epic. I followed all the instructions to get the demo look at then start tweeking from there but, if you look at my site you can see what happened. I need help with this please….

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Sean,

Thank you for your business first of all. I took a look at the site. It appears that the widgets have been imported from the demo, but I can’t tell if the bulk of the main content has been imported as well.

If you’d like to use it, go to the Tools section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Import. Follow the prompts there to install the plugin and select the epic.xml file that was in the sample content you downloaded from here.

Once that is finished you’ll have the pages, posts, podcasts and navigation menus from the demo on your site.

It looks like you have a front page created already. To use the one from the demo, edit that page. Look in the right hand column for a box labeled attributes. It has a drop-down menu there labeled templates. Choose Home from that and update your page.

That should bring up the default home page layout. All the content there will be made from widgets for you. You can add those by going to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and clicking on widgets.

The navigation menu is set by going to Appearance and clicking on Menus. You can then assign the menu from the demo to the theme’s menu “location” there.

If you have questions, let me know. I’ll be glad to help.

Thanks,
    Bill

Sean Lee
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

If it says Sample Page, then that’s the one created when a new WordPress installation is made. WordPress separates content (pages, posts and so on) from presentation (themes) so that changing a theme doesn’t bring in any new content.

Here’s what I would do. Go to pages in your dashboard and click on add new. Create a new page called Home and choose the home page template from the right hand column. Then publish your page.

Next go back to the Settings > Reading screen again and set this new home page to be your front page.

That will bring up the home page for you to work with. Since the sample content hasn’t been added, you’ll need to create slides there. In the theme instructions (https://support.organizedthemes.com/epic/) there is a video to show you how to create slides and also one on creating a navigation menu too.

One last thing. You’ll need to go to the Appearance section in your dashboard and click on Theme Options. They have to be saved at least once in order for the slideshow and a few other items to work.

If you’d rather start out with just a clone of the demo, I’d be happy to install it for you. Just let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Sean Lee
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Good Morning Sean,

I just finished the import for you. As you have questions, just let me know.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Epic Demo Look’ is closed to new replies.