Enabling comments for one page

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Enabling comments for one page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Hi, thank you for your previous response. I would like to enable comments to one of of website pages – http://www.mynameisvivienne.com/blog.

How do I enable comments for this page only?

Bill Robbins

Great question. I’m assuming based on the page title that you’re wanting this to be a traditional blog page. What you’ll want to do is go to the Settings section of your WordPress control panel and select Reading. At the top is a section where you can specify what your front page displays.

Here you can also specify a page for your blog. Choose “Vivienne’s Blog” from the drop-down menu and update your settings. That will cause this page to display your “Posts” like a typical blog would, complete with commenting. Any post you publish will appear there.

This page will be a list so to speak of all your posts. If a reader clicks on the page title, they’ll go to view that single post where they can then make comments. WordPress doesn’t display comments in the list (archive) view because they would get rather unruly to show comments from every post on the same screen.

If you have any questions, just let me know,
    Bill
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Enabling comments for one page’ is closed to new replies.