Embed Video into Home Slideshow

Support Area Forums Progress Embed Video into Home Slideshow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ashley Davis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

What are the dimensions for the video on the home page of Progress? Also, how can I embed the video as a slide, with static graphics in between? Is there a way to adjust the slideshow dimensions to be the same as the video? (I like the bigger size better than the narrow one)

Thanks!
    Ashley

Bill Robbins

Ashley,

Great question. Progress doesn’t have built in support for video slides like some of our other themes do. It has the option to use a video instead of a slideshow, but not as part of one. You can add a video in the theme options page.

In the next update to the theme, this will change. There’s a bit of administrative code that has to be changed in order to set that up. Hopefully I can get a major update for the theme out this month after our next new theme is released (shooting for Monday).

Sorry about that,
    Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Oh, okay. Looking forward to the update!

If we decided to do just the slideshow for now, how can we change the dimensions?
    I’m thinking we could put a still shot of the video and link it to our Media:Videos page. 🙂

Bill Robbins

That’s a great idea. The dimensions of the slideshow images are 960 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Thanks Bill!

If I wanted to change the dimensions of the slide show, can I do that? I’d love to see it a little taller if possible.

Also, I’m getting a really strange loading icon that seems to be stuck on the pages even though they are fully loaded. Any ideas? At first I thought it was just my slow internet, but I had a few friends who saw it on their computers as well. Showed up yesterday and doesn’t seem to be going away.

http://www.bethelcincinnati.org

Thanks Bill!

Bill Robbins

You can change the dimensions. If you’ll edit the images.php file, you’ll see this line:

add_image_size('single', 960, 400, true);

Change the 400 to the number of pixels tall you’d like to have the slideshow be. Then save your changes. That only affect new image uploads. If you’d like to change images already uploaded, you’ll need to use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

You also may need to edit the style.css file and change this down at the very bottom:

#slideshow {
    		height: 400px;
    	}

I think the loading icon is coming from the lightbox plugin. That looks like the one that’s bundled with Fancybox. You might try looking there to see what’s going on.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Embed Video into Home Slideshow’ is closed to new replies.