Email address too long for the widget

Support Area Forums Foxy Email address too long for the widget

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Terence
    Participant

Is it going to be a pain in the petutie – yours or mine – to make the sidebar a little wider?

The reason I ask is, I have a long domain name, and the email address doesn’t fit.

So I either have to go get a different domain, create CSS to make the typeface smaller or put the address somewhere else on the site and other than the Hours & Contact widget.

Bill Robbins

You can use the CSS word-wrap property to have the email address break onto the next line. That might be easier than changing the widths.

Terence
    Participant

Yes, I could, and it would be easier, but it looks naff – so I guess, as I said, its either go get a shorter domain name (for email at least), create CSS to make the typeface smaller, or put the address somewhere else on the site and other than the Hours & Contact widget.

All of which are sub-optimal.

I have plenty of real estate on the page and I only need to increase the size of the sidebar by just 20px. That’s what I want/need to do.

Any advice/help you can send in my direction?

Bill Robbins

You can make it wider by pasting this into the box for custom css on the styling tab in the theme options page:

aside.sidebar { width: 200px; }

Be sure to choose “yes” at the top in the drop down for “Include custom styling in your site.”

Terence
    Participant

Well, that was a totally painless solution! Thank you Bill.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Email address too long for the widget’ is closed to new replies.