Elite: home page hero image on iPads

Support Area Forums Elite Elite: home page hero image on iPads

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.fenwickct.com
  • Author
    Erik Smelser
    Participant

Good morning.

I was hoping you might be able to assist with the issue I’m having with the Elite them when viewing on an iPad.

On the home page I’ve assigned a featured image of 2400 x 1200.

Under the hero options settings on the home page, I’ve used a completely different image for testing purpsoes. What I’m seeing is that the mobile image does not “kick in” until the screen size is that of a mobile phone (320 px).

The switch in images means that larger resolution tablets of around 800 px or greater are being served the original featured image. For my purposes — because of the photo the client wants to use — the featured image does not look good on original or Retina display iPads.

How can I change the point at which screen resolutions of 1536 are served the mobile image?

And it would be really nice if screens of even smaller resolutions (414 px and below) are served a third image.

Any ideas?

Check the site out and see what I’ve done with your Elite theme and what you might suggest.

Thank you very much.

Erik

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Erik,

You’re welcome to change the breakpoint where the mobile image takes over for the default one. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit. From the list of files on your right, choose hero-options.php. There are two spots in the file (lines 87 & 293) that have this:

@media only screen and (max-width : 768px) {

That’s where the breakpoint is set. You’re welcome to change the 768 to a larger number so the change happens on bigger devices. You could use 1024 to catch resolutions from the iPad Airs in landscape on down. Then save your changes.

See if that doesn’t give you cause the mobile image to start sooner. If you have trouble, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Bill Robbins
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Erik Smelser
    Participant

Bill:

Thank you. Thats seems to have done the trick.

Enjoy the theme a great deal.

Best of luck

-els-

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that did the trick and that you’re enjoying the theme. If you need anything else, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Elite: home page hero image on iPads’ is closed to new replies.