Elite Blog

Support Area Forums Elite Elite Blog

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Simon Payot
    Participant

Hi Bill,

how can I create a blog page on elite ? I’ve asked this question already but didn’t get an answer.

I’ve searched this and didn’t find the answer, as easy as it may seem…

Thank you !

Simon

Bill Robbins

Hi Simon,

Here’s what to do. Create a page for your,blog and publish it. Then go to settings in your dashboard and click on Reading. Right next to where you selected your front page is a drop down for the posts page. This is where you select your blog page. Choose the page you just created and save your changes.

That should give you a blog page for your site.

Take care,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

By the way I did reply to the previous question at https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/topic/blog-for-elite/ about making a blog.

Simon Payot
    Participant

Hi Bill

thank you, but my question was: how can I create a blog that displays the posts but is not the front page ?
    I’d like to have a blog in the menu that shows the posts when clicked on (as in your Elite demo).
    I understand you did already answer but for your information I didn’t receive notice of your previous answer.

Have a nice day
    Simon

Bill Robbins

Hi Simon,

I do understand your question. At the top of the reading settings you can choose what shows on your front page — your recent posts or a static page. You’ve gone with the static front page which is great. Right next to where you choose the actual page for the front page is a separate drop down for the “posts page.” That’s your blog page. Select a page there from that drop down and update your settings. You’ll then have a blog page that shows all your posts. You can add it to your navigation menu like you would any other page to make it easy for your visitors to find.

Take care,
    Bill

Simon Payot
    Participant

Thank you !

Bill Robbins

Anytime 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Elite Blog’ is closed to new replies.